JMB Arts Management specializes in creative aging, and arts and accessibility. Other areas of expertise are arts education and instructional design.
Johanna Misey Boyer, founder of JMB Arts Management, excels in writing, and managing programs that involve partnerships and collaborations with other agencies and funders.
Clients benefit from JMB Arts Management’s knowledge of why creative aging programs benefit older adults; how to plan, implement and evaluate these programs; which creative aging programs are effective; and how to work directly with older adults including those with dementia.
- Designed and managed—and provided technical assistance for—a creative aging grant and technical assistance program for the National Guild of Community Schools of the Arts.
- Managed, researched and wrote the 230-page Creativity Matters: The Arts and Aging Toolkit and its companion Web site for the National Guild of Community Schools of the Arts, National Center for Creative Aging and New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
Clients benefit from JMB Arts Management's knowledge of best practices in accessibility, ability to encourage organizations to go beyond legal compliance, and contacts at the national and state levels.
- Researched and wrote a Web feature on effective practices in accessibility in presenting arts organizations for the Association of Performing Arts Presenters.
- Researched and wrote a publication on effective practices in universal design for learning in children’s museums for VSA arts and the Association of Children’s Museums.
Clients benefit from JMB Arts Management's knowledge of national-level arts education policy, infrastructure and players, and ability to translate big concepts into concrete actions for those who implement arts education programs.
- Managed the arts education program at the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies for more than 10 years.
- Managed more than 10 cooperative agreements between the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies and the National Endowment for the Arts to benefit state arts agency arts education managers.
Clients benefit from JMB Arts Management's ability to create conference agendas and other educational programs that meet the needs of adult learners.
- Designed and managed Creative Aging: Arts Education for Older Adults, a national training institute convened by the National Guild of Community Schools of the Arts.
- Identified the learning goals, designed and managed the format and content, and produced 14 annual conferences for 400 state arts agency professional and volunteer leaders hosted by 12 different state arts agencies in 13 different cities.